Keeping a log of changes made to a Drupal site is a challenging affair and I have been looking for something to help. I checked out Configuration Management module but found it too complicated for my basic needs.
I checked the Content page for comments the last few days and saw the huge amount of spam comments accumulated for moderation. Mollom had been catching spam comments and holding them for moderation and after deleting the existing ones to see how much spam was arriving I realized I was getting at least 500 spams every day. The recommended setting for each content type is to discard comments which are detected as spam, and I may have configured Mollom to hold them for moderation to check its efficacy, or it may have been the previous default.
Email Notifications on Thunderbird were not working.
I checked the preferences, selected a sound and tried to play it to no avail. It seems that some sound libraries necessary to get sound notifications to work with Thunderbird were not installed. You would think it would feature prominently in Thunderbird's documentation unless it is there and I couldn't find it.
Problem: After having Taxonomy Access Control and Node Privacy By Role operating all content began to show on all domains. It turns out that Domain Access acts in OR mode with other node access modules so that making content visible under other Node Access systems overrides an Domain Access settings. I have been using both Node Privacy By Role and Taxonomy Access Control and need to find a way to make them work.
The Domain module disables editing domains when the admin is not logged into the primary domain. This is a snapshot for the section for changing that setting underat /admin/structure/domain/settings.
It may be better to use the main offline admin domain as the default domain.
I don't know what the side effects of turning it off are. I will look that up.
After beginning to use Lazarus more and more I there a few things I want to write about. I can't say I have studied its workings well enough, or asked around enough. Perhaps there are solutions to the issues, or there are reasons for their being the way they are, but I feel I must raise them all the same. I am welcome to any corrections or criticisms.
Does new FCL functionality need to depend on 2.5.1 compiler or LCL/IDE features?
The first point I want to raise is the matter of the FCL, the LCL and the Lazarus IDE.
07/10/2010 - After some rereading and some observations made in the mailing list, I have made some corrections, with notes, and added some notes to help those new to FreePascal (like myself) and those new to some of the Linux tools.
After some struggles to install Lazarus and FreePascal from source I created some scripts to set them up properly and they are working well. I think I am 90% there, enough to get me focused on programming than installing.
My favourite Firefox extensions or addons.
After a rather long thread on the Freeswitch mailing lists I managed to get G729 passthru working on Freeswitch (svn 17048).
mod_g729 should be enabled in modules.conf.xml.
In vars.xml G729 should be added to the codec prefs, or should be the only one if you are sure the provider(s) support G729.
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=G729,PCMU,PCMA,GSM,G7221@32000h,G7221@16000h,G722"/>
I wanted to add some Windows version information into my Lazarus/FreePascal programs and tried these two options, one from Anders Melander , http://melander.dk/articles/versioninfo/ and the other a part of RXLib, a general Component Library developed for Delphi and ported to FreePascal, both of which are wrappers around the Win32 GetFileVersionInfo (and related) API functions.